Wednesday, December 7, 2011

‘Disabled’ MMA fighter Nick Newell

Hello everyone. If you are wondering, " MMA " stands for Mixed Martial Arts.
Today, I would like to share you a fight " Nick Newell vs Denis Hernandez "

Compete in MMA is hard. You must be physically fit and must be at an almost " Perfect " Condition.
To win however, need more than that.


Nick Newell shows that passion can make anything possible!





Nick Newell's dream run continued on Friday during a Legacy Fight championship event. He remained unbeaten at 6-0 in his young MMA career with a win over Denis Hernandez at XFC 15. What he's accomplishing without a forearm or fist on his left arm is simply incredible.
Watch him finish off Hernandez (3:44 mark) with a nifty heel hook.
Newell, who debuted in MMA in June of 2009, began his athletic journey in his school where he won 153 wrestling matches. Newell knows his MMA career serves a bigger purpose.
"My goal is to prove that people with disabilities can go out and win," [Newell told MMAFighting.com in 2009]. "It's more of a message I'd like to send, that if you have a goal, go out and do it. Try it, whether it's fighting or something else. Whether you want to be the best at your job, or at sports,  just do your best. Give it everything you have. Winning is very important to me, but at the end of the day, even if I lose, as long as I know I gave it everything I had, there's no shame in that."
Newell, 25, may never make it to the big-time in the UFC, but he's going to give it a run.
"That's every fighter's goal, you know? To fight for the UFC," he said [in 2009]. "I think it'd be great. Regardless of whether I have a disability or not, I always want to win and be the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

health (5) info (13) just for fun (13) religious (6) sport (4) tutorial (6)